We’re looking for people in two areas. Web Interns and Review Managers. Interns first:
Web-Savvy Intern for Online Magazine
Fantasy Magazine, an online genre entertainment publication, is looking for interns to work primary in Web Production with some crossover into editorial and multimedia development.
Interns will learn or hone their skills in web design and production, content management, and email marketing. There will also be opportunities to help us develop new content, from non-fiction features to podcasts and video.
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong HTML skills. Ability to hand-code AND work with WYSIWYG editors.
- Knowledge of CSS.
- Experience with blogging software. WordPress a big plus. Also relevant: Blogger, Moveable Type/Typepad, LiveJournal, and similar.
- Experience with social media and social networking.
- Comfortable working exclusively in an online environment.
- Interest in or experience with podcasting and video blogging a big plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and complete tasks with little supervision.
The position will require 10 – 15 hours per week (from mid-August to mid-December), very flexible, with some weekend work and online meetings required. We’re open to candidates from any location as long as you are available during some part of American east coast business hours. We do offer college credit. The position is unpaid.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to this gmail address: fantastictempest. Please put your cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume in rtf, doc, or pdf format. A link to an online resume is also acceptable. If applicable, please include links to web projects you’ve worked on.
We will only contact candidates if we intend to interview them.
Seeking Review Manager
Fantasy Magazine is looking for one or two people to join our existing review manager in keeping track of and overseeing reviewers and review material plus seeking out and vetting new reviewers. We’re looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Highly organized and able to take initiative.
- Willing to manage reviewers and, if need be, stay on them to turn in assignments.
- Comfortable working in an online environment.
- Experience with GoogleDocs, WordPress, or similar programs.
- Comfortable communicating with editors, authors, and publicity personnel to request and coordinate review materials.
The position will require 5 – 10 hours per week, very flexible, with some weekend work and online meetings required. We’re open to candidates from any location as long as you are available during some part of American east coast business hours. The position is currently unpaid but by 2009 will have a small monthly stipend.
To apply, please send a letter of interest with a summary of qualifications to this gmail address: fantastictempest. We will only contact candidates if we intend to interview them.
If you know someone interested in either of these opportunities, please send them here or forward the text. Thanks!